(ReliableNews.org) – In early February, the US military shot down a Chinese surveillance balloon. The Pentagon then reported it wasn’t the first time one had been spotted over North America. In the days since, the Air Force has shot down another three unidentified flying objects, raising questions about alien invasions. A congressman discussed the issue in a television interview.
On February 12, Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” The ranking member of the Intelligence Community discussed the decision of President Joe Biden’s administration to shoot down the unidentified objects. Host Chuck Todd asked the congressman if he thought shooting down unidentified objects was going to be the new policy of the government.
Himes responded that he hoped it wouldn’t because he thought that would lead to an accident, where the military shoots something down that it didn’t want to destroy. He criticized the Biden administration’s decision not to release a lot of information about what was happening, pointing to the chatter about aliens as an example of why it wasn’t ideal. The congressman said, “In the absence of information, people’s anxiety leads them into potentially destructive areas.”
On Meet the Press, Jim Himes, the ranking member of the intelligence committee, tries to tamp down suspicions of an "alien invasions," though he hasn't been briefed on the 2 most recent shoot downs of objects pic.twitter.com/9oC05efh82
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) February 12, 2023
Three flying objects were intercepted over the North American continent over the weekend. One over Alaska on Friday, another over the Yukon Territory in Canada on Saturday, and a third over Lake Huron in Michigan on Sunday. Rep. Jason Crow (D-CO) also spoke out about the possibility of aliens, reassuring the public that they could come out of their “bunkers” and telling everyone to “calm down.”
There are a lot of political responses to the flying object issue, so here’s some perspective:
1.We’re not being invaded by aliens so everyone can calm down and come out of your bunkers;
2.The Admin takes this seriously (Biden is the first to actually shoot them down); 1/
— Rep. Jason Crow (@RepJasonCrow) February 13, 2023
On Monday, The New York Times reported the military had not identified the source of the objects. White House officials reportedly stated civilians on the ground weren’t in danger. White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said the administration doesn’t believe aliens are involved.
Copyright 2023, ReliableNews.org