(ReliableNews.org) – The novel coronavirus is rapidly spreading and the effects continue to be far-reaching. In the US, hundreds are being forced to self-quarantine, a NY state official contracted the virus and financial markets have tanked. Overseas, the French government was literally forced to tell people cocaine doesn’t cure COVID-19. Yes, really.
Here’s what you need to know about the current developments:
- Rick Cotton, head of the New York and New Jersey Port Authority, tested positive for the illness.
- Hundreds in DC are self-quarantining after they were exposed at church.
- US death toll reaches 26 as of March 9, 2020.
- The stock market has had its worst day since 2008.
- Five lawmakers self-quarantine after exposure to the virus.
- US surgeon general says the average age of people who died from the virus is 80.
- A cruise ship stuck off the coast of California docked on Monday and passengers went into quarantine.
The Trump administration plans to release guidelines on how to deal with the outbreak. Americans have been urged to avoid traveling on cruise ships, while older citizens should stock up on food as well as medicine.
Copyright 2020, ReliableNews.org