(ReliableNews.org) – When Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election to Donald Trump in 2016, the Left immediately tried to figure out what went wrong. They didn’t understand the people never trusted their shady candidate. The Left also refused to take accountability for her failures, like the fact that she acted as though she’d already won and campaigned like a sloth, ignoring wide swaths of voters.
When it was all said and done, the Democratic Party decided the election was stolen from them. Russiagate was born and the only person they hated as much as Trump was Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg. For years, the Left has attacked his platform, and now he’s finally caved.
Facebook’s New Policy
On September 3, Facebook announced it was going to take steps to change what people saw on its platform in the week leading up to the election. Zuckerberg said new political ads will not be accepted to run on the site a week before people go out and vote. That’s not all.
Zuckerberg said the company will also do the following:
- Limit the forwarding feature on messenger, so you can’t forward a message about the election en masse at once.
- Expand the company’s work to remove misleading voting information.
- Add voter information to the top of the platform from now until November 3.
- Expand policies to target voter suppression tactics, like telling people the wrong information so their ballot won’t count.
- Partner with news organizations to provide reliable information about the results of the election.
- Fight COVID-19 disinformation being used to keep people from voting.
- Add information labels to misleading posts.
- Attach information to content being used to delegitimize the election.
The problem here is that they get to decide what is truth and what they believe is a lie. That’s a slippery slope, because what if the moderators begin labeling posts based on their own personal political beliefs? Wouldn’t it be better to just leave the content alone and people can do what they’re supposed to as adults and research?
Copyright 2020, ReliableNews.org