GOP Lawmakers GRILL CDC Over Gross Violation Of Millions Of Americans’ Rights
(ReliableNews.org) – Republican lawmakers want to know if the CDC was tracking Americans’ data during the pandemic. Their questions come after a VICE report claiming the health agency did exactly that. Georgia Rep. Jody Hice (R) is fired up.
Big Government is watching you. https://t.co/RRDSdd07KW
— Rep. Jody Hice (@CongressmanHice) May 12, 2022
According to an exclusive by the Daily Caller, Hice sent a letter to the CDC demanding answers about whether the agency tracked Americans’ data during the pandemic. In the letter, the lawmaker cited a VICE article that reported the health agency paid $420,000 to a data brokerage named SafeGraph. The article alleged the data to monitor Americans when they went to pharmacies, gyms, schools, and even churches.
Hice asked the CDC to answer a number of questions including:
- Why did the agency authorize the purchase of the data?
- Who authorized the purchase of the data?
- Why did SafeGraph receive money from the CDC when it has a controversial background?
- Are there plans to continue buying Americans’ data?
- Does the CDC still have possession of the data?
- How is the data being stored if the agency still has possession of it and will Americans be notified if there is a data leak?
Thirty-nine House Republicans signed Representative Hice’s letter. Do you think there should be accountability?
Copyright 2022, ReliableNews.org