(ReliableNews.org) – Opponents of former President Donald Trump appear to be on the warpath these days. The House Select Committee is busy scurrying about trying to blame Trump for the January 6 Capitol Hill riot. New York prosecutors and the state attorney general are attempting to terrorize the former president and his children. Most recently, retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman launched a legal attack on Trump.
On Wednesday, February 2, Vindman filed a federal lawsuit against the former president, his attorney Rudy Giuliani, and two Trump aides. Vindman’s lawyers filed the case using an antiquated nineteenth-century statute informally known as the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871.
I filed suit against @DonaldJTrumpJr, @RudyGiuliani, @DanScavino, & others for witness intimidation & retaliation. Donald Trump, @FoxNews, & @IngrahamAngle are also named in the law suit. https://t.co/mxWaZMCvwT
— Alexander S. Vindman (@AVindman) February 2, 2022
Court documents allege the defendants sought to intimidate and punish Vindman for testifying against Trump during the Democrat-led House hearings that led to the former president’s first impeachment. (Spoiler, the Senate exonerated him).
Vindman’s attorneys alleged the defendants:
- Coordinated a strategy to amplify false narratives regarding impeachment witnesses, including the retired colonel.
- Promoted and disseminated rumors Vindman operated as a Ukrainian spy and “disparaged” the US to foreign officials.
- Falsely accused Vindman of committing perjury during his Congressional testimony.
- Blocked his promotion to full colonel.
- Publicly announced his firing and his brother’s firing, who also served in the White House as a military advisor.
The court hasn’t set a date yet for motions or hearings in the case..
Copyright 2022, ReliableNews.org