(ReliableNews.org) – Earlier this week, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro announced his government was holding two Americans who he claims launched a failed coup. President Donald Trump denied the US had anything to do with it. Now, officials in the South American country have forced one of those citizens to speak on state-owned TV.
Former US special forces soldier Luke Denman was forced in front of cameras to describe his alleged role in the coup. The veteran was captured with another former special forces soldier, Aaron Berry on May 4. The video put out by Maduro’s government was “…heavily edited” according to CNN.
LIVE: US mercenary Luke Denman explains his part in #OperacionGedeon incursion in Venezuela – via press conference by Maduro – Denman says he was recruited by Jordan Goudreau from Silvercorp USA and expected to be paid US$50 to 100k pic.twitter.com/Q63AWewwCo
— Jorge Martin (@marxistJorge) May 6, 2020
Venezuela has not told the press where the detained Americans are held up. Maduro did, however, claim they’d get a fair trial. Obviously, this doesn’t really instill confidence…the country’s regime isn’t really known for its honesty or fairness. The US State Department is calling the whole saga a “…disinformation campaign.”
Copyright 2020, ReliableNews.org